With our move to serve the entire family — boys and girls alike — we have a chance to reach an entire new generation with our amazing programs.
Ordering Catholic Scouting Books
Please directly purchase the religious workbooks for the Catholic Scouting awards via the following organizations:
Scouting Awards Ceremony
June 13, 2020 at 6:30 pm
Join us at St. Aloysius Parish 21 Cherry St New Canaan, CT 06840 for our annual Scouting Awards Cermony.View Flyer
Catholic Quality Unit Award – Pope Paul VI
Cooperation, development, and program are the key words in the recognition of Catholic chartered units in earning the National Catholic Quality Unit Award – Pope Paul VI. The adult leadership responds to training not only in Scouting lores, but training in Catholic Scouter Development, and religious counseling. The Scouts in each Pack, Troop, Team, and Crew/Ship respond by participating in the religious emblems program respective of their status in Scouting.
Don’t forget to recognize the adults for their outstanding contributions to the development of your Catholic Youth Ministry. There are several recognitions available. In addition, there are a couple of funds available that directly assist the clergy and international scouting. The Adult Leaders are entitled to wear the BSA Adult Religious Knot if they receive the St. George recognition.
- Bronze Pelican – Used to recognize individuals in your local dioceses for their significant contributions.
- Brother Barnabas – National recognition to recognize for long and meritorious service.
- Golden Ad Altare Dei – A fund used to directly support the ministry of our priest chaplains who serve on the Executive Board. Significant contributions of $2,500 or more are recognized by a special medal.
- Miter Society – The Miter Society recognition is given to any adult who financially supports, in a significant way, the promotion of the St. George Trek.
- Jerusalem Cross – Used to recognize Scouting in the Catholic Church participants who return to their dioceses and complete a mission project benefiting Catholic youth of their community.
- Silver St. George – National recognition for the hard work and diligent hours supporting the Catholic Youth Ministry at the national level.
- Spes Mundi – A fund used to directly support the International Catholic Conference of Scouting. Significant contributions of $2,500 or more are recognized by a special medal.
- St. George – Used to recognize individuals in your local dioceses for their significant contributions and many years of support for the Catholic Youth Ministry at the local level